James Newberry is an award winning film composer.
"James is a terrific collaborator. He quickly and easily understands my vision of a film, and expertly delivers exceptional compositions that take the project to the next level. His music is expertly crafted, able to stand on its own, and perfectly in tune with the greater vision of the film. His work is emotional, fitting, and perfectly tailored to capitalize on the strengths of the picture." - Evan Ari Kelman
James also composes as a part of Stenfert Charles, LLC with Saunder Jurriaans & Danny Bensi.
-Trailer for THE LITTLE STRANGER, featuring music by James Newberry, Saunder Jurriaans, and Danny Bensi, now online!
- New article and interview with director Evan Kelman on the making of Where There's Smoke courtesy of Musicbed.
- I am set to compose a couple of new short films by brilliant female directors, one set in the U.S. and one in the United kingdom and funded by the BFI Network. Keep an ear out for those scores.
-Track I wrote with Gavin Brivik, "Dream Machine", to be heard in an episode of Netflix's new series, Fastest Car, premiering April 6th.
- Currently composing additional music for Netflix's Ozark and AMC's Fear the Walking Dead as apart of Stenfert Charles, LLC. Saunder Jurriaans & Danny Bensi at the helm!
- "Quivering Carnage", composed with Saunder Jurriaans & Danny Bensi, is featured in the "Path" TV spot for Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures Chappaquiddick. Link in BIO.
- Kailash, a documentary depicting the fight against child labor by Kailash Satyarthi, wins the U.S. Grand Jury Prize - Documentary. I had the privilege of writing additional music and helping composers Saunder Jurriaans & Danny Bensi, who composed a powerful and beautiful score for the film.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE MUSIC OR HAVE JAMES' MUSIC IN YOUR PROJECT, PLEASE CONTACT BELOW.